Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chart Notes for March 5-11

2. Fuck You - Cee-lo Green
4. Fuckin' Perfect - Pink
7. Tonight (I'm Fucking You) - Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris and DJ Frank E
It's such a versatile word.

9. On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
All these years later, and the most entertaining thing about J-Lo's music career is still the time Shepard Smith was talking about one of her songs and accidentally said "blowjob" on the air. I linked to a video of that instead of this rote, clunky dance track.

11. Blow - Ke$ha
There are so many jokes here that I'll just let everyone see how many they can come up with.

15. Moment for Life - Nikki Minaj ft. Drake
It's good to see Drake finally making his debut as a rapper.

23. Never Say Never - Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith
Just once, I'd like to see one of these teen idol singers turn out to be a hardcore Marxist, or a militant atheist, or a damned Neo-Fascist for that matter. Just something interesting.

27. Yeah 3x - Chris Brown
The song might be even more lazy than the title.

31. All of the Lights - Kanye West  (WARNING: VIDEO MAY INDUCE SEIZURES)
OK, it's a good song and Imma let you finish, but why the hell does the radio version of this censor "I slapped my girl" in a song about the consequences of domestic violence? This is the same thinking that leads to 12-year-olds getting expelled from school over a Children's Motrin.

38. Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
This song is so European that your iPod smokes a cigarillo every time you play it.

39. Backseat - New Boyz ft. Cataracs and Dev
I played this song for a nest of grackles, and they shrieked at me and flew away. With any luck, this will be the last week I get to mention this atrocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment