Friday, April 8, 2011

Chart Notes for April 9-15

3. Just Can't Get Enough - Black Eyed Peas
The public "just can't get enough" Black-Eyed Peas, and I "just can't get enough" whiskey every time I hear them and realize they're still popular.

8. On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
Somewhere, a former Hanna-Barbera screenwriter just turned off this song and muttered about how utterly formulaic it is.

10. Rolling in the Deep - Adele
I guess this isn't really...isn't really...






Sorry, dozed off for a minute there.

17. No Sleep - Wiz Khalifa
I'm pretty sure these lyrics are straight off a sheet of paper someone found snooping through Andrew W.K.'s trash can.

19. Written in the Stars - Tinie Tempah ft. Eric Turner
"Hey, it's Tinie, I'm on my way to the studio."

"Great. Hey, our hook man didn't show up. Mind stopping by the university piano conservatory and grabbing the loudest white guy you can find?"

22. John - Lil Wayne ft. Rick Ross
I think the high quality of "Devil in a Blue Dress" has caused some confusion, so let's clear this up: If you are not Kanye West, you still can't put Rick Ross on a track without ruining it.

26. The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars
I admire the honesty.

33. Who Says - Selena Gomez and the Scene
If Natasha Bedingfield songs were Coach bags, Selena Gomez would have been arrested by now.

39. Backseat - New Boyz ft. The Cataracs and Dev
This song has surprising resilience; most piles of dogshit don't still reek like this after seven weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment